Sports NFF President Impressed with Oliseh After Nigeria Beat Cameroon 3-0

The Nigeria Football Federation president, Amaju Pinnick has said that he was impressed with the Super Eagles' performance against Cameroon in Belgium on Sunday.

Oliseh n pinnick.jpg

The Sunday Oliseh-led team spanked the Indomitable Lions 3-0, a revival of their their disappointing outing aginst Congo last Thursday.

Efe Ambrose gave Nigeria the first goal through a set piece from Mikel Obi, while Moses Simon drove in from the flank to make it to for the three time AFCON champions.

Watford's striker, Jude Odion Ighalo came in as a substitute and headed in the third goal foor Nigeria.

"I must say that I am very impressed with the performance of the Eagles. It was a good game,” Pinnick told AfricanFootball.com

"I am sure Nigerians were impressed with what they saw. But we have not got there, there are still some areas that we need to touch but we should all keep supporting the team because the coach seems to have a clear direction of where he is going to.

"He is still building a team. And he knows who to add to the team because we do not have a say on who he invites to the team."

Pinnick said Efe Ambrose’s opening goal – a header off a Mikel free kick – was straight from the training ground.

“All the goals no one was a fluke. Fortunately all the training sessions that I watched, like the first goal Efe Ambrose got, I saw them do that over and over again," he said.

Oliseh will now switch attention to the CHAN qualifier against Burkina Faso on Sunday in Port Harcourt, where the home-based Eagles have been training since last week. Africanfootball

Back