Sports NFF Reacts to ‘Hijack’ of Japanese Doctor’s Money

kemi

Social Member
Nigeria Football Federation has reacted to report making rounds that the federation attempted to hijack a donation from Japanese doctor.

u23 bronzee.PNG

NFF President Amaju Pinnick blasted former goalkeeper Peterside Idah for a mischievous post on his tweeter handle before the match, suggesting the Federation wanted to ‘hijack’ the donation to the team by Japanese plastic surgeon, Dr. Katsuya Takasu.

“His message was a lie, an atrocious false alarm before an important match. I had exchanged correspondence with the Minister on the issue of the donation and we agreed that there was need for caution. The Minister said to me that he read the donation in the papers and had expressed serious concern. I also received a mail from the NFF Integrity Officer who expressed very serious concern with this kind of donation.

“I got in touch with the Ambassador of Nigeria to Brazil and the Minister to say that whatever had to be done should be done after the Bronze Medal Match, to avoid any distractions. The NFF may be having financial challenges, but I assure you nobody in the Federation is interested in that money.

“If we get the Government’s go-ahead to collect the money, no official of the NFF will be involved even in the collection. The money will be received directly by the team,” he said.

Back