Politics Ngige kickes-off campaign in Onitsha supported by Tinubu, Okorocha, Oshiomhole, Fayemi and others

naija questions

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday commenced its campaign for the party’s governorship candidate in Anambra, Sen. Chris Ngige.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the election will hold on Nov. 16.

NAN reports that in spite of the heavy rain, APC supporters filled the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity, Onitsha, venue of the campaign.

The APC leader, Chief Bola Tinubu, commended the people of the state for turning out en mass to witness the governorship campaign.

Tinubu described "Ngige as a tested and trusted candidate for the governorship seat of the state", and urged the people to continue their support for Ngige.

He said that their support would get Ngige back to Government House, Awka, to continue the programmes which had been stalled in the past seven years in the state.

In his remarks, Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo, said that Ngige was a product that did not require advertisement.

For the challenges confronting Anambra, you don’t need to try a new person, you need a tested and experienced person like Ngige.

"Ngige by his training is committed to saving lives and not making profit. I have come to identify with my friend and comrade, knowing that Anambra will change for the better," Oshiomhole said.

On his part, Gov. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, stressed the need for the people of the state to elect a governor that had been tried and tested.

"Don’t forget that Ngige was a civil servant and as a public servant today, he will never forget his antecedent," Fayemi said.

He urged the electorate to protect their votes after voting.

Also, Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo, said: ``I have seen that the hand of God is in this man. This is a man that ended god fatherism in Anambra.

"Ngige’s victory has been signed, sealed and delivered," Okorocha said.

In his address, Ngige promised to provide free education, free antenatal services to pregnant women and construct airport at Anambra North Senatorial District if voted into power.

Today, there are lot of kidnapping, armed robbery and other vices.

Our people no longer come back from Lagos and other places. We are going to sweep away kidnappers and robbers.

"I am coming back to give you people quality road; I do not say what I cannot do," Ngige said.

NAN reports that Tinubu presented Ngige’s running mate, Mr Raphael Okeke, a two-time House of Representative member to party supporters.

The campaign was attended by Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, a former National Chairman of defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party.

dabd00709d7ec4579941000404461124.jpg

Back