Business Nigeria Approves N485 Trillion for Master Infrastructure Plan

L

LequteMan

Following a report on global competitiveness which ranked Nigeria 127 out of 144 economies, the Nigerian government has approved 485 trillion naira for a master infrastructure plan to address its infrastructure deficit in a National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan (NIIMP).

The master plan will ensure accelerated infrastructure development in the country from 2014 to 2043 based on the country’s economic growth aspirations, Minister for National Planning Dr.Suleiman Olarewaju Abubakar said.

“First of all, I think we have got to appreciate that the report is kind of a score card of Nigeria based on Nigeria’s evaluation. It is important to get that clear because there are vibes that some people are being unfair and we [Nigerians] are not being judged properly,” Folusho Philips, chairman of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group told #CNBC Africa.

“We have got to appreciate the fact that I believe there is a lot of working progress, our infrastructure has always been something that has been identified as a major issue and we know that we are trying to do something right and that is why I give the government credit in terms of looking at the national integration master plan which coincidentally was approved so we have got to deal with infrastructure.”

The #NIIMP Bill will be presented to the National Assembly as an Executive Bill so as to provide an enabling legal framework for sustained implementation.

#Nigeria

Attachments

• nigeria economy.jpeg
    nigeria economy.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 17
Back