Politics Nigeria: Buhari Pulls Out of Channels TV Debate with President Jonathan

A

abujagirl

Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC has pulled out of a presidential debate organised by CHANNELS TV.

READ: Presidential Debate: Jonathan,Buhari to Debate on Channels TV

Director of Media and Communication of the Buhari Campaign Organisation, Dele Alake announced Buhari's withdrawal during Monday’s edition of Channels’ TV Sunrise Daily.

Alake said Buhari was pulling out of the Debate because the APC had intelligence reports which suggests that the organizers of the debates are partisan in nature and pro PDP.

#PDP #Buhari

Buhari 1.jpg

Then maybe the support Base is not as great as claimed. This is a chance to take GEJ to the cleaners on many issues. Buhari is the challenger and cannot afford to get as arrogant as the presidency.

If you show disrespect for the public before entering office...then we have a real problem

I wonder why the old man is avoiding debates here and there. If he truly has bankable agenda, then he should present himself for one of the debates.

Waiting for @Chris Maduewesi before i speak
What you didn't say is that Channels isn't the only ones organising that debate. Channels in conjunction with Arise Television and the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN) are staging one debate.

And like Dele Alake said: "some Nigerian media organisations have been compromised and cannot be said to be independent, hence the credibility of the debate is doubtful."

Go figure who some of the owners of these media houses are.

What you didn't say is that Channels isn't the only ones organising that debate. Channels in conjunction with Arise Television and the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN) are staging one debate.

And like Dele Alake said: "some Nigerian media organisations have been compromised and cannot be said to be independent, hence the credibility of the debate is doubtful."

Go figure who some of the owners of these media houses are.
Everybody is compromised, no one is good enough for Pa Buhari . In the name of politics, we discredit everything. Those media houses will still be around ''If'' Buhari becomes President.

Come on Chris...so when it comes to debates everyone is compromised. It is the perfect forum for Buhari to target swing voters but if he thinks the election is in the bag and he does not need to go toe-to-toe with GEJ then all good.

It is pretty disappointing that we will not get to see the two men who debate.

Come on Chris...so when it comes to debates everyone is compromised. It is the perfect forum for Buhari to target swing voters but if he thinks the election is in the bag and he does not need to go toe-to-toe with GEJ then all good.

It is pretty disappointing that we will not get to see the two men who debate.
I am sure he will still debate..... but on a neutral platform. Not like he is running away. He made himself available in 2011 when NN24 organised the Presidential debate.... who was the one who missed out?

Everybody is compromised, no one is good enough for Pa Buhari . In the name of politics, we discredit everything. Those media houses will still be around ''If'' Buhari becomes President.
Like I said, go figure some of the owners of the media houses organising the debate. I mean some owners. Young woman, you don't open your eyes and walk into an enemy's den.

There is a difference between being the president and trying to unseat him. The opposition should take every opportunity to outperform the government of the day.. it is never the other way round. As a sports fan you known when going into the ring as a challenger it is up to you to take the fight to the champion. This might just be another rumble in the jungle (for boxing fans) if he does not debate. Time is running out.

But to be fair... if I was his team in would not want the debate. I have had a look at nn24 debate and also the hardtalk interview.

If the APC candidate was Fashola, Atiku etc I am sure the president would not debate. In my very humble opinion, they made the wrong choice.

It is only a debate. They are not going to slap him around. There will be questions they will both have to answer... simple. How can this be such a issue.

Buhari needs to step up here otherwise he might find people making up their minds about his true competence.

I read in one of the dailies that Buhari has chosen to organize town hall meetings where he would address Nigerians rather than engage in a debate with anybody.

maybe channels should do it alone. I am not sure i would trust arise either if i was in opposition.

But pulling out was not be a good thing for Buhari.

Back