Politics Nigeria: Count Me Out Of Fuel Price Increase – Senator Shehu Sani

P

ProfRem

The Senate Committee on Works on Thursday recommended an increase in the pump price of petrol from N145 to N150 for the implementation of the proposed National Roads Fund (NRF).

The recommendation came a year after President Muhammadu Buhari raised the pump price of fuel from N87 to N145 per litre.

The increase was part of the recommendations made by the Senate Committee on Works, chaired by Senator Kabiru Gaya (APC, Kano) on the National Roads Fund (Est. Etc) Bill (SB.218).

Sani Shehu.JPG

But Senator Shehu Sani, representing Kaduna central senatorial district said the Works Committee report recommending increase in 'fuel' pump price does not reflect the position of those senators against it.

He said he strong stand against the price review.

“The Works Committee report recommending increase in 'fuel' pump price does not reflect the position of those of us against it.

“I strongly stand against it”, he said on his social media account.

We are shouting over the #145, you guys are now talking of increasing it to #150.....they should think twice on this issue ooo

The same senator that empowered his constituency with transistor radio? If him like make em hand dey Am, gullible people representing their pocket and not the people

Better count your self out ooo otherwise! I don't even know what this Buhari Government really want Nigerians to do? This was the same government that promised to sell us fuel at N40 per a litter but the reverse is the case now. If Nigerians will agree with me Buhri would have not smell the road to 2019 or APC again enough is enough

On social media, we have different senators, at the chamber, they are semi-god

Back