Politics Nigeria Improves on Corruption Ranking; Now 144th most Corrupt Nation

A

abujagirl

Nigeria seems to be wining the war on corruption, the country has been ranked 144th most corrupt country by Transparency International. Afghanistan, North Korea and Somalia are now the world’s most corrupt countries while Denmark and New Zealand are nearly corruption free.

In 2012 Nigeria was ranked 139th most corrupt nation.

According to the SUN, in the current report, Nigeria scored 25 while it scored 27 in 2012 with a percentile rank of 16 per cent out of 100. Nigeria scored 0.992708873. The Corruption Perceptions Index ranks countries and territories based on how corrupt their public sector is perceived to be and the country is ranked at 144 out of 177 countries included in the report.

The list by Transparency International is the most widely used index for determining how corrupt a nation is.

images

I don't think Nigeria is improving at all. I think we are just as corrupt as we were as when we were 139th on the list. I just think some countries are getting more corrupt and edging Nigeria lower on the scale.

If at all, we should be 3 places behind the last country on the list. Corruption now flows in people's bloodstream.

Back