Politics Nigeria is in Deep Financial Crisis- Oshiomhole

L

LequteMan

Oshiomhole3.jpg

Adams Oshiomhole, Governor of Edo state, speaking in an interview has among other things stated that Nigeria is in deep financial crisis.

“I don’t know if the Federal Government is broke, but I know there is a serious financial crisis and it is unprecedented in the history of this country. That, for the first time since 1999, allocations can no longer come as and when due to states is shocking.”

VANGUARD quoted him as saying: “I have been involved in trying to understand what the reasons are and I have not seen anything yet. Two years ago, it was about the kind of money we were spending on subsidy. In no time, following series of probes and enquiries by the National Assembly and by the Presidency, they have since discovered the kind of money they stole as regards subsidy, all the people that conspired with them and I believe the EFCC is dealing with that. But just as we are dealing with that, now we begin to hear about the theft of our crude oil such that what is accruing to the Federation Account is not enough to meet budgetary provision.”

He also stated that the celebration of Nigeria’s independence day was a good thing as opposed to a number of people who thought it was undue due to the state of the nation.

” I am one of those who believe that the Nigerian nation is much more than the sub-total of all the problems that we want to talk about. We have cause to celebrate.”

He had allegedly been sited at Abuja, protesting with the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC over minimum wage. When quizzed about this, he said “For me, it is about being consistent but don’t be surprised that there are many other things I will join in the protest if I think the welfare of the people is at stake.”

He expressed concerns over the rise of kidnapping activities in Nigeria and warned that strong repercussions await nabbed kidnapper.
“Kidnappers who did not kill their victims can bag life imprisonment, or any number of jail terms as the law prescribes, but those who kill, there is nothing to negotiate, if you are caught I will sign your death penalty," he said.

Last edited:
Back