Metro Nigeria: NDLEA Official 'Ojukwu' Arrested For Drug Trafficking

L

LequteMan

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Ijeoma Ojukwu and Adamu Ali have been arrested for drug trafficking.

The woman claims to be a relative of the Ojukwus of Anambra State, while the drug, estimated at about N20m was sent by one Agina Ejike from Brazil.

Reports say Adamu and Ojukwu were arrested with three others – Victor Umeh, Uche Igwelo and Egbuche Osita – for assisting in the smuggling of the drug into the country.

The drug was discovered in an abandoned bag at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, during an inward screening of passengers on board an Emirates flight.

Ojukwu said she had come to collect the bag on behalf of her brother.

“I have a restaurant in Brazil where I sell African food. I am a relative of the popular Ojukwu family and married with three children. My brother came from Brazil and could not find his bag. It was in the process of trying to get the bag out that we were arrested.”

NDLEA spokesman, Mitchell Ofoyeju, said Adamu had yet to confess to the crime. He said investigation had commenced into the case to determine the level of the suspects’ culpability before they would be prosecuted.

PUNCH

Attachments

• cocaine_2.jpg
    cocaine_2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 25
Back