Politics Nigeria: Obasanjo Retaliates, Releases Fayose's Apology Letter

Vunderkind

Social Member
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has responded to Governor Fayose's verbal assault last week and asks the Ekiti governor to 'shut up' and ask God for forgiveness for insulting him barely two years after pleading with him in a letter.

Obasanjo, through an anonymous associate (according to the Nigerian Tribune), released a letter shwing Fayose begging to work out his (Fayose's) return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The former Nigerian president has told Nigerians not to take Fayose serious, as Fayose would soon come to beg him in private with another apology letter.

Below is the letter, transcribed:

“Dear Baba,

“There is no denying the fact that my relationship with you has gone sour as a result of my action and inaction which have definitely caused you embarrassment in public and this has marred our very good father-son relationship in the past.

“I take responsibility for my over reaction and disrespect to your person which is most regretted, I am indeed sorry.

“I pray that God will give you the grace to let go of the past knowing fully well that I am human and therefore not infallible especially considering the circumstances surrounding my removal from office.

“To further buttress my willingness to seek peace with you, I could recall that I had made several efforts to this effect by consulting your close allies in the persons of Aare Afe Babalola (SAN), Chief Omilani and Pastor Oyedepo amongst others.

“Lastly, kindly disregard all insinuations or political blackmailing suggestive of my doing or saying anything contradicting my present disposition as contained in this letter.

“My reconciliation with your goodself may not go down well with some of my political opponents, but you remain the father of all.

“My wife sends her love and greetings.

“With high regards.

Signed

Ayo Fayose.

Obasanjo’s reply dated July 18, 2012

“Dear Ayo,

“I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter dated June 26, 2012 pleading with me to forgive you, as you put it, for your action and inaction which have caused me embarrassment in the public.

“As for the embarrassment and personal insult to me, forgiveness is divine and I will not withhold forgiveness since I believe that God will not withhold forgiveness for my inadequacies.

“However, for me, the personal aspect can be handled by me but the party aspect has to be handled at the local, state and national levels of the Party.

“I wish you all the best and God’s blessing.”

Signed

Olusegun Obasanjo.

Source: #Tribune
fayose-obj-letter2.jpg

fayose-obj-letter2 (1).jpg

Back