Politics Nigeria Restructuring: I Am Disappointed in President Buhari- Edwin Clark

L

LequteMan

Convener of the Pan Niger Delta Forum, Edwin Clark has opposed President Muhammadu Buhari's opinion that Nigeria's problem has to do more with process than structure.

"When all the aggregates of nationwide opinions are considered, my firm view is that our problems are more to do with process than structure", Buhari had said in his New Years Day message to Nigerians.

Reacting, Edwin Clark said:

“The Afenifere, the governors and others are all discussing restructuring. The people of the South-South are the most affected. Eighty seven per cent of the national revenue comes from the South-South. Nigerians believe in restructuring. I was very much disappointed that the President said he did not want restructuring.

“Northerners are talking about restructuring; you have heard the Sultan of Sokoto and Balarabe Musa. All of them are part of the majority of Nigerians talking about restructuring. El-Rufai heads the All Progressives Congress committee on restructuring. Even the northerners have not rejected restructuring.

“The National Assembly has no choice but to follow what the people are saying. If the majority of Nigerians say they want restructuring, the National Assembly has no choice. Nigeria must solve the structural problem in the country whereby only some ethnic groups can be governors in a state; where some regions have more states and local governments than others. If we don’t restructure Nigeria, some people will be treated as second class citizens.”

Attachments

• buhari1-1-1050x683-700x455.jpg
    buhari1-1-1050x683-700x455.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
Back