Politics Nigeria: See The Top 7 Political Quotes Of The Week

P

ProfRem

Here are the top 7 political quotes of the week that rocked the political landscape of Nigeria from different politicians and administrators.

1.“The All Progressives Congress (APC) administration in Bauchi State will not allow few bad eggs within the civil service to take undue advantage of the system through the padding of the state pay roll with ghost names. We shall continue to block leakages of any form and strive hard to generate more revenue for the development of the state, in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s change agenda.” - Gov. M.A Abubakar of Bauchi

2. “The truth today is that Nigeria has the greatest opportunity to get it right with a leader like Mr. Muhammadu Buhari. There is much to fix. President Buhari is committed to fixing them. But he needs your support and patience. He cannot do it all alone. We must stand beside him or else we may be knocked down and not stand at all. Thus, let us be resolved to see reform and change that will make Nigeria rise as the nation it should be.” - Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

3. “I have always said it, the problem of this country is that, we are in a country where we import what we have and we export what we don’t have. It is only in Nigeria we do that. We have cotton, but we will not process it to make cloth, except we go to China to buy clothes. We have crude oil, but you cannot go to filling station and get fuel in Nigeria, except we take our crude to England and go there to buy refined products. We have gas, but we are always flaring it into the air.” - Emir of Kano Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

4. “When I was a schoolboy in the 1950’s the country produced one million tons of groundnuts in two successive years. The country’s main foreign exchange earners were groundnut, cotton, cocoa, palm kernel, rubber and all agro/forest resources. Why was farming so successful 60 years ago? The answers are simple; access to small scale credits; inputs; extension services. Now, we have better tools, better agricultural science and technology, and greater ability to process. With determination, we can succeed.” - President Muhammadu Buhari

5. “Nigeria’s plan is to continually increase the level of electricity generation to the target of 25,000mw by the year 2020. This can only be achieved through a robust infrastructural development accompanied with a competent technical workforce.” - Minister of state for Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Mustapha Shehuri

6. “We condemn the belated reaction of President Muhammadu Buhari and his Minister of Interior, Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Danbazzau (rtd), who broke their unholy silence a week after over 500 people were killed and 10 villages razed in Agatu area of the state. Must we wait for all the people of the state to be cleansed off the surface of the earth before we act?” - Rep. Emmanuel Yisa Orker-Jev from Benue state

7. "What I want Nigerians to remember me for, even if I have to leave the Presidency tomorrow is that I RESPECT THEM" - President Muhamadu Buhari, March 22nd, 2016.

Attachments

• buhariNG.jpg
    buhariNG.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 34
Back