Metro Nigerian Lawyer, Zannah Mustapha Reveals How He Negotiated Chibok Girls' Release

Discussion in 'Metro News' started by Oluogunjobi, May 17, 2017. Views count: 13881

1. Oluogunjobi

Oluogunjobi Social Member Curators

Nigerian Federal Government recently secured, through a swap deal, the release of 82 of the abducted school girls kidnapped in Chibok, a community in Borno state by Boko Haram.

57-year-old Lawyer from Borno state, Zannah Mustapha brokered the deal to the release the girls.

A special profile-report of Mustapha by BBC says that when he arrived for the handover of the-now-freed 82 Chibok girls from Boko Haram, after three years in captivity, a militant read out the girls' names from a list.

upload_2017-5-17_10-39-40.png

One by one, the abducted schoolgirls, now women, lined up along the outskirts of a forest near Kumshe town, on the border between Nigeria and Cameroon. Each of them was covered from head to ankle in a dark-coloured hijab.

Mustapha said: "I went ahead of the Red Cross. They [the militants] brought the girls to me,".

For the past 3 years, Mustapha been mediating between the government and militants for the release of the over 200 Chibok girls and for an end to the Boko Haram insurgency. His role as a mediator dates back to his founding the Future Prowess Islamic Foundation School in 2007, to provide free Islamic-based education to orphans and the poor.

READ MORE on BBC

Comments

2. ezema kelechi

ezema kelechi New Member

I'm tired of hearing about this Chibok girls issue

3. Emmanuel Chinonso

Emmanuel Chinonso New Member

Bunch of crazy lairs

4. Chinenye Daniel

Chinenye Daniel New Member

5. Ukamaka

Ukamaka New Member