Metro Nigerian Man Jailed For Defiling His 10-Year-Old Daughter

P

ProfRem

A 58-year-old man, John Ufoegbu was sentenced to 2 years in prison yesterday by a Rivers State High Court for inbreeding and having carnal knowledge of his 10 years old daughter, Miss Ebubechukwu Ufoegbu.

Delivering his judgment, Justice Adolphus Enebeli described the act as a pathetic case of sexual act between father and daughter, stressing that it was not just only a case of sexual harassment and that the society needs to protect children’s vulnerability to sexual molestation.

courtLogo.JPG

The judge, who described evidences from the girl as disturbing, added that the victim was defiled by virtue of father-child relationship. He regretted that the convict used his position as a father to violate natural law by luring his own little daughter to bed, stressing that the act has exposed the victim to a long term psychological trauma.

Although the father denied the allegation saying: “the girl in question is my daughter. I have never had any sexual experience with her even if I have problem with her mother. God is my witness and the greatest judge”.

- PUNCH Newspaper

Back