Metro Nigerian Media announce "Death" of wrong Nollywood actress

Vunderkind

Social Member
anjie.jpg

Yesterday, a media mix-up resulted in the “death” of popular Nigerian actress, Angelina Okorie. As it turns out, a Nollywood actress did die, but it just wasn’t Angelina Okorie.

The news report spread yesterday that Angelina Okorie had died during childbirth yesterday, and affected fans had already begun mourning. It was revealed, however, that Angelina Okorie is alive and well and that the person who died was another Nollywood actress called Ijeoma Okori.

The Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Rivers State Chapter released a statement to confirm as much, saying that it “regrets to announce the painful loss of our member, Mrs. Ijeoma Okori of Eleme Satellite, who died during child delivery, this morning (Sunday). It pains more to know that our Comrade died alongside her twin baby.”

Somewhere along the pipeline, information got warped, we expect, and the news got jumbled.

Angelina Okorie has since then dispelled the rumors of death through a post on Facebook: “I am not dead, I’m balling hard. As a matter of fact, 150 years have been added to my age, I bear the mark of Jesus Christ. RIP to all the people who used my photo on their blogs, newspapers, and dps, saying I, Angela Okorie is dead. I’m still the unstoppable moving Train. My God is alive. He alone can take my life. “

angela.jpg

Daily Post reports that Angelina Okorie is currently on-set with Tchidi Chikere, movie Director in Enugu.

Attachments

• angela.jpg
    angela.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 13
Back