Metro Nigerian Soldiers Accused Of Robbing Villagers After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri

A

abujagirl

Villagers who survived the boko haram attack in Ali Dawari village of Jere, Maiduguri, Borno state capital have accused the Nigerian army of robbing them.

naija army.jpg

THE CABLE reports that four village heads – Bulama Umar, Muhammad Malam, Goni Alidawari and Bulama Mustapha – have confirmed the allegations.

“The illegal raid was carried out by groups of armed personnel headed by one Captain Sai’du, a sector commander in the area under the 7 division of Operation Lafiya Dole,” Goni said.

“The military was informed about the attack by one of our civilian JTF who also witnessed the presence of the insurgents, but the troops did not respond.

One Yusuf who survived the attack said some soldiers led by one Sai’du came to the village and asked everyone to leave the place.

“We asked the officer why we should vacate our village, he said we allowed Boko Haram terrorist to pass through our village and attack Maiduguri. They also accused us of aiding and abetting as well as sympathising with the insurgents, which was why we refused to inform them or any security agency.

“On Sunday as of 1pm, precisely, they came and gathered all the villagers and said that we have just three hours to vacate the place.

“Because of the short notification, many people especially old men and women were not able to pack their belongings.

“I managed to get some of my important things out of my house and took them to my relative home in Damboa road in Maiduguri.

“While I was returning to pick up my other belongings, at 3:30 pm to my surprise, I saw three army trucks and that of the civilian JTF loaded with our property. I had to hide somewhere because if they noticed I saw them, they would kill me. Some minutes later, I started to see flames everywhere which implied that they had burnt down the whole of the village.”

Back