Metro Nigerians React to FG-Boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement

L

LequteMan

Following announcements that the Federal Government of Nigeria has reached a ceasefire agreement with Boko Haram islamist terrorists on Friday, Nigerians have taken to social media to express how they feel about the deal.

Former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar ‏took to twitter, saying "I have been informed of the announcement of a ceasefire between the Federal Government and Boko Haram insurgents. This news is welcome."

Kayode Ogundamisi ‏@ogundamisi was perplexed: "So the big question? Who are those behind #BokoHaram whose time table is BokoHaram following?

@rosanwo asked: "Will Boko Haram keep territories during this cease fire?"

On Nairaland, Idrismusty97 was happy: "wow! Goodnews! But for how long? And i hope this isn't some mere election stunts. Nevertheless Kudos to the government and our gallant Army. Hoping this will be the permanent end to Boko haram and insurgency in the country."

Another user, Trulygirl wondered why the agreement was coming late, "maybe the fear of #buhari is the beginning of wisdom. All we want is a better Nigeria doesn't matter who win 2015 just a better Nigeria."

meforyou1(m) had a different opinion- "which nonsense ceasefire. those bokos use the period to recoup, so the military should go after them and kill them all. and danladi their representative"

"I don't see Boko Haram giving in. Looks like they're plotting sumfin really big." Samod Biobaku, a member of the NigerianBulletin community (NBer), said.

Another user, Lequte, believes the agreement has everything to do with the upcoming elections next year.

(Read more comments from NBers here)

Can this deal free the kidnapped Chibok girls? Is the onslaught of terror, tears and blood in Norther Nigeria finally over?

#Nigeria #BokoHaram #Nairaland #NigerianBulletin

Shekau-jonathan.jpg

Last edited:
Back