Business Nigeria's Electricity Supply Drops by 1,589MW

P

ProfRem

The country's electricity supply has dropped by 1,589.69 megawatts since the nation achieved its peak generation of 5,074.70MW earlier February.

According to records from the Federal Ministry of Power on Monday, electricity supply on Sunday, February 14, dropped to 3,485MW from the 3,558.39MW generated that day.

electrcitiy.jpg

Power generation and supply stood at 4,150.64MW and 4,068.5MW on February 11, according to the Presidential Task Force on Power.

The PUNCH reported on Monday that officials at the ministry said on Sunday that issues around gas pipeline rupturing by vandals as well as oil theft had led to a plunge in power generation.

Are the gains down to the power mafia as well or down to body language? I thought we had a stronger government that can deal with these shadowy figures?
yes, We had it on papers and manifestos in 2015....On governance, we seems from it. What we have now is 'Old wine in a new bottle'.

Whose body language was this down to? :) [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP]
It's not about body language. Former power minister had said the new government has not added any value to the power sector. There are times in the year that power supply improves and there are times it goes down. Nigeria, to a large extent still depend on rain to drive turbines in the hydrodams. If rainfall has stopped, it will affect the level of water in the dams and this in turn affects power generation.

It's not about body language. Former power minister had said the new government has not added any value to the power sector. There are times in the year that power supply improves and there are times it goes down. Nigeria, to a large extent still depend on rain to drive turbines in the hydrodams. If rainfall has stopped, it will affect the level of water in the dams and this in turn affects power generation.
We never got to over 5000 MW under previous administrations...Jonathan's inclusive.

Where have you been? It's been long I saw you here :)

Not so long. May be I should also ask where you've been.

The foundation for an improved power generation was laid by the last administration. Of course, there were saboteurs who wanted to frustrate the effort of the last administration too. Gas pipelines were busted several times. May be Buhari should now use his body language to stop vandals if he truly has one.

Pipelines aside, low level of water in dams is also responsible.

And I just remember, pasan ti a fi na iyale, o n be laja fun iyawo.

That's what the vandals seems to be telling PMB.

Back