Sports Nigeria's starting 11 vs South Africa: Keshi makes three changes,Emenike back in the first 11

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has ringed three changes in his starting eleven that will play tonight's game against South Africa.

The changes have been enforced following Nigeria's disappointing loss to Congo last Saturday in Calabar.

Keshi changed his attack line that weren't firing at all cylinders in their last game,injecting power in a bid to bully the South African defence when they clash this evening.

Not surprising,all the three substitutes that came on for Nigeria against Congo have been drafted in to start tonight's game.

Emmanuel Emenike having been punished in the last game where he started on the bench,has been restored to the starting line-up alongside Gbolahan Salami who got Nigeria's second goal in the game against Congo.

Ramon Azeez makes way in midfield for Nosa Igiebor who will be starting ahead of the Almeria player.

Despite leaking in three goals against Congo,Keshi has still retained the same defence that started that game.

Starting eleven(4-3-3):
Austin Ejide;Efe Ambrose,Elderson Echiejile,Godfrey Oboabona,Kenneth Omeruo;Ogenyi Onazi,John Obi Mikel,Nosa Igiebor;Ahmed Musa,Gbolahan Salami,Emmanuel Emenike.

Eagles.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the eagles are smartening from their latest defeat. They'll want to redeem themselves. A thorough thumping of South Africa on their home soil would aton

I believe the eagles are smartening from their latest defeat. They'll want to redeem themselves. A thorough thumping of South Africa on their home soil would aton
You are making an assumption that they were better than the performance from the last match :)
Anyway, I think the South Africans now have a false sense of security, plus they are playing at home.

Eagles to win 2-1

Back