Entertainment Nollywood Actress Iyabo Ojo Narrates Her Journey Into Poverty

A

abujagirl

Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo wants to inspire struggling mothers. The actress shared her story via Instagram.

images.jpg

She wrote, "Be grateful! It helps u appreciate d little u have knowing fully well that there are better days ahead! A time had been when all i got on a gud day in our one room apartment where 2 of my inlaws also lived with us was 100 naira daily to feed my son, my unborn daugther n my self which didnt even come regularly but with love n gratitude i managed it knowing that i was still in a better place than someone who was suffering from one deadly disease that had no cure n i also believed that oneday i will have more than enough to go round bcos i deeply believed in my self. i blamed no one 4 my mistakes, i took out my pain n frustation on no one, i refuse to be lazy, i refuse to allow my mistake n situation rule n take d better part of me 'yes! sometimes i break down,most especially when my babies fell ill n i know say no money, hummm d tears where so uncontrollable but i never gave up! I got a job, worked as a sales girl 4 a while, sent my self to school doing part time, later got a better job n worked as a secretary, i was so hard working that in few months i was promoted to a site manager with a salary of then 18k monthly until oneday i lost my job bcos they felt a male was better off. tho they did gud by paying me a 3months salary upfront still i was very unhappy, i had 2 babies!

"i remember crying all d way home that i missed my bus stop, again i blamed no one n i never lost hope i then decided to start trading, i went into d business of buying n selling clothes, i started my own business with just 30k chai i lost alot of weight o bcos of d stress, dont be mistaken i wasnt born poor, love made me journey down that lane but now am glad i did bcos i understand what it is to be poor n appreciate every little thing i have achieved! Thank u Lord! Now am telling part of my story to help encourage any poor mother who feels she cant make it bcos she has kids n u ask ur self where do i start from, d society is bad, am too much 4 this job, i have failed so i give up, No No No u can be d best of u, never give up on ur self, start anyhow, even if u have to sell pure water or do odd jobs. #proudmothers #strongwomen#mytruelifestory #bemotivated #beinspired #begrateful

Back