Metro Oba Of Lagos 'Disgraces' Ooni of Ife In Public[VIDEO]

A

abujagirl

A video showing the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu refusing to shake hands with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II is trending on Twitter.

The Video was reportedly captured at a public event attended by both men. See video:

Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja.jpg

This says more about the Oba. As we do not know what the issue is, we can only speculate on the reason for the snub.

Maybe he is not happy with the media machinery of the Ooni taking the spotlight

Oba Akiolu is one 'hell' arrogant monarch. It's not his first time of being in the media for the wrong reasons. He once said he will throw some set of tribal kinsmen into the lagoon... That's when I knew this dude can do and 'undo'. Whatever the case may be, that was unfair to a King that is even 'greater' than you, irrespective of age. Nonsense.

Oba Akiolu is one 'hell' arrogant monarch. It's not his first time of being in the media for the wrong reasons. He once said he will throw some set of tribal kinsmen into the lagoon... That's when I knew this dude can do and 'undo'. Whatever the case may be, that was unfair to a King that is even 'greater' than you, irrespective of age. Nonsense.
You are right

I think that sentiment is what he is trying to correct. The next question is how is the greatness of the king measured?
How monarch's greatness is measured, I may not know, but going by history, Ooni of Ife is the first monarch in the South-West; even in Nigeria, he is the number one monarch. The power behind the monarch is so powerful. He is the father of the Yoruba. That ranks him the first in the Royal pedestal.
Snub, disrespect, public disgrace is not a corrective tool. If he is aggrieved of the young man's royal position, he should go and meet ifa or change his destiny.

Oba of Lagos is a former Nigerian police officer... I am not surprised.

I heard he opened an alcoholic drink with his teeth in a public function recently :D :D

How monarch's greatness is measured, I may not know, but going by history, Ooni of Ife is the first monarch in the South-West; even in Nigeria, he is the number one monarch. The power behind the monarch is so powerful. He is the father of the Yoruba. That ranks him the first in the Royal pedestal.
Snub, disrespect, public disgrace is not a corrective tool. If he is aggrieved of the young man's royal position, he should go and meet ifa or change his destiny.

Hmm... "The power behind the monarch is so powerful"

What is the power behind the monarch? For example, is the Ooni a more 'powerful' monarch than the Sultan of Sokoto?

I think the ooni of ife is such an humble king to recognised the present of other kings in spite of his young age compared to that of oba of Lagos but what oba Lagos did was out of place for snubbing his greeting...too bad

I heard he opened an alcoholic drink with his teeth in a public function recently :D :D
Define your points clearly. Are you saying police officers are not sane with courtesy?

Gbam!!!

Mind blowing fact

Going by history, the Ooni of Ife has always being the first monarch even if he is a 10 year old boy...its all about the throne and not the person. Times without number, there has been disagreement over the hierarchy of monarch in Nigeria but the Oba of Lagos has no right to disrespect an Oba in public which isn't right and doesn't speak well of him as a custodian of customary values and principles.

Being a former police officer doesn't still buttress the point of him being disrespectful and acting as a bully afterall we still have sane police officers.

Back