Politics Obasanjo: As President, My Aim Was To Create 50 Billionaires But I Only Created 25

P

ProfRem

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that his administration was expected to create 50 Nigerian billionaires but unable to make it happen.

Obasanjo said this on Saturday at the 2016 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Forum.

He said while reacting to an allegation by Alakija at the event, that the Obasanjo administration frustrated her effort when she ventured into oil business.

obj.jpe

He said: “My delight is to be able to create Nigerian billionaire and I always say it that my aim, when I was in government was to create 50 Nigerian billionaires.

“Unfortunately I failed. I created only 25 and Madam, you are one of them,” he said.

Obasanjo hailed the vision of Mr Tony Elumelu for helping to build African young entrepreneurs with his resources. He also urged the government to create conducive environment for people to move businesses into the country.

Recommended: Obasanjo, Alakija In War of Words At Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Forum

While impoverishing millions more? Not a difficult task if you sold the country, land and all, to the few

Last edited:
While impoverishing millions more? Not a difficult task if you sold the country land and all to the few

In a sane society, we shouldn't be seeing these 'persons' as leaders, not to talk of attending such great events.

OBJ is not perfect as he admitted but he dismissed Madam Alakija assumptions with reasons, it was OPL and OML misconceptions.

It must be given to him, OBJ clarified the two concepts, though impromptu it elicited much hailing, "OBJ!!!"

You can't dismiss this.

OBJ do not only possess the knowledges of his administration he also have them on his fingers tip.

Last edited:
We are not talking about his issue with Mrs Alakija (that affair is also historically sordid). What we are talking about his stated aims of creating 50 billionaires.

OBJ is not perfect as he admitted but he dismissed Madam Alakija assumptions with reasons, it was OPL and OML misconceptions.

It must be given to him, OBJ clarified the two concepts, though impromptu it elicited much hailing, "OBJ!!!"

You can't dismiss this.

OBJ do not only possess the knowledges of his administration he also have them on his fingers tip.

Back