Business Obasanjo Lambasts Insurance Firm Over Refusal to Settle Daughter's Claims

L

LequteMan

Ex-Nigerian president, Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo has denounced the action of some fraudulent insurance companies in the country who try to avoid payment of claims in the event of a disaster.

Obasanjo was reacting to the refusal by an insurance company to pay claims on the burnt property of one of his adopted daughters Mrs Morenike Oladunni-Omorodion.

He refused to disclose the identity of the insurer and added that the company has been doing everything possible to avoid paying the claims.

Omorodion’s property got burnt in the month of July and up to the time of going to the press, nothing has been done to assuage the loss and inconvenience.

Omorodion said that she has lost confidence in insurance in Nigeria adding that since the incident occurred, “the house is insured but the insurance company is trying to play funny. I will tell you that up till now, the only thing I know is that one or two teams have visited the house like three or four times. I am not particularly an insurance literate persons.

#Obasanjo #Nigeria

obasanjo.jpg

Back