Politics Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu's Comments About Edo Gov Elections

L

LequteMan

Here are the words of Godwin Obaseki, APC's candidate in the Edo governorship elections, and his main opponent, Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP.

Speaking shortly after casting his vote, Obaseki commended the conduct of the election and expressed confidence that it will remain peaceful.

"The election is very peaceful in most areas though we heard about an isolated incident somewhere in Edo Central. I think it has been taken care of by security agents. I believe that it will go well and for me, what is most important is that we did not lose blood because of elections. My hope is that we have a very peaceful election so that at the end of the day, we will strengthen our democracy. I am very optimistic of victory.”

Also speaking, Ize-Iyamu, described the conduct of the election as peaceful:

“We are praying to God that what we see here is the same thing we will see in other places. I am impressed. The turnout is massive, and the voters are orderly. They have been using security agencies to harass our people; even till last night.

“I have also spoken to their superior, who has assured us that those who are doing so are on their own, but, they will call them to order. We are also aware that governors of two APC states are in Benin. That is worrisome. Campaigns have ended.

“But, in spite of all that, we have held that some persons had planned to smuggle in results at the wards and local government levels. But, I am confident that this one will not work,” he stated.

Attachments

• ize-iyamu-obaseki.png
    ize-iyamu-obaseki.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 43
Back