Politics Ogoni Clean-Up: Live Updates

P

ProfRem

Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo represents President Muhamamdu Buhari at the kicking off of the Ogoniland clean-up today at Bodo, Gokana LG, Rivers State.

- As At 9: 58am, Vice president, osinbajo departed Abuja for Port Harcourt for the NDCleanUp flag-off.

- Osinabjo arrives Bodo town in Ogoni land.

- Wike's Special Assistant on Sports Development and Former Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo delivering his speech.

- Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed highlights the need for transparency and consultation in the Clean up project of the Ogoni land

We are committed to this exercise and indeed, other parts of the Niger Delta that need clean up- @AminaJMohammed

Ogoni Monarch delivering speech: I want to advice Nigeria leaders, when they make promises, they should be able to keep it.

"I've nothing against Goodluck Jonathan... but in this case, he made a mistake."

"Though we would have loved to see the president, but we are satisfied with you (Vice President)" Monarch.

If you're here today, feel free and be happy. We want more things done in the Niger Delta - Monarch.

- We are not Mourning, time for mourning is gone. Ogoni is happy. I thank the President. - King Ginniwa

- "Please Mr President, we want more change to come to Ogoniland, we have suffered enough" - Ndonaka Kenneth

- Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha, Former Rivers governor and Minister of transport, Rotimi Amaechi arrived at the event.

- Amaechi narrates his contributions to assist UNEP in assessing the Ogoni environment. #NDCleanUp

- The crowd in attendance cheers as Rotimi Amaechi takes the stage to give his address. #NDCleanUp

- There is no way $1bn will be spent here [Ogoniland] without creating employment. ~ Amaechi #ND

- Mike and I were in the bush chasing criminals during the UNEP investigation - Rotimi Amaechi #NDCleanUp

- The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike takes to the stage after Amaechi to an equally rousing Ovation. #NDCleanUp

- We commend Mr President's determination to close this ugly chapter - Nyesom Wike

- We welcome this initiative wholeheartedly. We believe that env'l justice will enable a continued security & economic dev ~ Wike #NDCleanUp

- Vice President Osinbajo invited on stage by Amina Mohammed to give the President's Speech. #NDCleanUp

- Vice president prayed vehemently with the Ogonis before reading president Muhamamdu Buhari's speech

- The President's speech throws back to when he visited Bodo Community as a Military head of State.

- This marks the beginning of a new chapter in Ogoni land ~ President Buhari

- This clean up will not just be a clean up of the environment but that of your wealth, health, etc ~ Prof Osinbajo

- The Vice President leaves the venue after the National anthem was sang to mark the end of the event.

OgoNiS.JPG

Attachments

• OsinBajoOgoni.JPG
    OsinBajoOgoni.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Back