Ogunjobi is ruining my career – Kayode Olarenwaju

Former Flying Eagles striker,Kayode Olarenwaju has accused former NFF General Secretary,Taiwo Ogunjobi as being the obstacle in his bid to secure a move to Europe.
Olarenwaju played for Ivorian side,Asec Mimosa and at the moment is currently with Nigerian league side Heartland.
“Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi is holding me to ransom, he is standing between me and my career and I want Nigerians to know this,” Kayode was quoted to have said on MTNFootball.com.
“First, he told me that I will go on loan to Asec and when I got to Abidjan, I did not sign a contract with Asec because he told me he did everything on my behalf,” he said.
“I have never had a copy of my contract with Asec and it was only when I got to Lucerne in Switzerland that the club got something close to this contract when they demanded for it.”
“I have tried to reach Ogunjobi several times on this matter and he has rebuffed my pleas for him to let me go.”
But Ogunjobi denied Olarenwaju’s claims,adding that the player was the architect of his own problem, as he did not return to ASEC after the expiration of his loan deal with Lucerne in Switzerland.
“How will he say he doesn’t have a contract with Asec Mimosas? I don’t have much to say on it because any explanation I give here will be seen as a defence but if you can contact any Asec official, they will tell you the true position on Kayode’s contract,” said Ogunjobi.
“I have a name to protect, how will I agree that a player owned by another club should be transfer through another club.
“I will be glad if you can dig deep and get to ASEC for clarification. As we all know, the transfer of a player is done between club and club.”

Continue reading...

Back