Politics Okupe is the Presidency’s Worst Enemy Declares Governor Ameachi

A

abujagirl

images

Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Governor, Rivers state has described the Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, as the worst enemy of the president.

Amaechi stated this in a statement he issued in Port Harcourt yesterday in reaction to comments Okupe made in a live radio programme in Abuja on Saturday.

“In the past few weeks, we elected to ignore scurrilous statements from Okupe, as we do not wish to, wittingly or unwittingly, avail him with a sparring partner as he strives, though, fecklessly yet again, to elevate his act from an attack puppy to an attack dog.

“With an aide and adviser like Okupe, President Jonathan certainly does not need any enemies. The earlier Mr President purged the Presidency of characters like Okupe, the better for us all.

“Okupe sank to a new low when he falsely and indecorously claimed that Governor Amaechi used the police to harass, intimidate and punish people unjustly and could not provide one instance or any evidence to back up his claims. He bragged about some phantom text messages from “ordinary people” whose families have suffered grave injustice in the hands of Amaechi and, yet again, did not tell us the content and senders of the text messages. What does Okupe take Nigerians for? The phantom text messages exist only in the devious mind of Doyin Okupe”, Ameachi added.

Meanwhile, the Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, has vowed that the condition for reconciliation in Rivers state would not be met.

Speaking in Ahoada yesterday at the inauguration and dedication of members of the Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI), Wike said “I was watching television last night and I heard some of them saying that one of the conditions they have given is that they should give the party structure to the governor. But I say we don’t operate emirate system. We don’t operate a monarchical system. So, we don’t ‘dash’ out party structure. It is the people that voted for them. So, we cannot ‘dash’ out party structure. It is you (the people) that voted for him. So we cannot ‘dash’ them anything.

‘’You people should ask your representatives about what they have been doing in Abuja, I read on the pages of newspapers recently about some people talking. The time is over for them, these are people who cannot compete. We now have a Chairman who will allow everybody to express themselves and compete, PDP is a party of competition. We have made a mistake in the past and we shall correct the mistakes now.’’

Back