Sports Oliseh Impressed With Home Based Eagles Performance Against Burkina Faso

Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, has expressed satisfaction on the performance of the home-based Super Eagles after beating Burkina Faso in Saturday's CHAN championship qualifiers.

CRMSSY-W8AAKvw_.jpg

Two goals from Yaro Bature and Gbolahan Salami gave the Eagles an edge over the Les Etalons at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Port Harcourt ahead of the second leg of the encounter, which will take place in Ouagadougou next weekend.

The 41 year old former Super Eagles captain maintained that the game is still open insisting that his side will approach the decisive leg in Ouagadougou as if nothing has been won in the first fixture in Port Harcourt.

“The home Eagles fared very well against their opponents, Les Etalons of Burkina Faso. This is our first match with the home-based Super Eagles and I think it came off quite well.

“However, I think we have not won anything yet going into the second leg fixture in Ouagadougou, if we could score two goals here nothing stops the Burkinabes scoring same number of goals in the reverse fixture.

“So we will prepare harder with more organised mind to win well and secure the CHAN ticket right there in Ouagadougou for Nigerians,” said the former Nigerian captain to supersport.com.

Oliseh however commended the Burkinabes for giving his wards a solid run for the three points at stake.

“The Burkinabes were somehow flawless and combustive, I think they gave my charges a strong run for their money.

“It will be an entertaining and interesting reverse fixture right there in Ouagadougou,” said Oliseh.

The winners of the two-legged encounter between Nigeria and Burkina Faso will qualify automatically for the final CHAN showpiece in Rwanda early next year. Supersport

Back