Metro Olubadan: High Chiefs Back Balogun to Succeed Oba Odulana; Burial Slated for Feb 12

L

LequteMan

Following the death of the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana, there has been a scuffle over who is the next in line to replace him.

Balogun of Ibadanland, Chief Saliu Adetunji and Otun of Ibadanland, Senator Lekan Balogun have been in a contest for the throne.

While Seriki line has insisted that the stool should shift to its side, the Olubadan in council argued that the former has no claim to the most competitive stool in Ibadanland at the moment.

At a meeting held yesterday, the high chiefs dismissed the claims of the other with a wave of hands, noting that it is the turn of High Chief Saliu Adetunji to be crowned as the next Olubadan.

Chief Adebayo Oyediji, the head of Seriki line has pointed accusing fingers at the traditional council, alleging that they had veered off the rules and regulations guiding the selection of a new monarch.

However Chief Oyediji has taken the matter to court.

“Whatever they like, let them say. I don’t have anything to react to with respect to what they told you. They should meet me in court and tell the court whatever they want to say. That is my reaction," he said.

The monarch is scheduled to be buried on February 12.

Attachments

• olubadan-of-ibadan.jpg
    olubadan-of-ibadan.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
Back