Politics Ondo APC chieftain confirms defection to PDP

A

abujagirl

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, Chief Olufemi Adekanmbi, on Wednesday said he was defecting to the PDP with his supporters.

Adekanmbi, the House of Representatives candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for Owo/Ose Constituency in the 2011 general elections, made this known in Akure at a news briefing.

He said that he was defecting to the PDP with hundreds of his supporters in all the 18 local government areas of the state.

The politician, who supported Rotimi Akeredolu, the ACN governorship candidate in the last election, would officially announce his defection on April 18.

Also to defect with Adekanmbi to the PDP is the Youth Leader of the defunct ACN in the state, Mr Enas Mohammed.

Adekanmbi said: "It is true that I am planning to defect to the PDP with my supporters. I took this decision after series of consultation with my supporters.

"The decision to join the PDP was taken in the best interest of the people of my constituency who have always been yearning for better representation in the National Assembly".

pdp vs apc.jpg

Back