Politics Ondo Election: Akeredolu Questions Tinubu for Calling for Oyegun’s Resignation

P

ProfRem

Rotimi Akeredolu, governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo state, says Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, should be asked why he demanded the resignation of John Oyegun, chairman of the APC.

Citing the refusal of Oyegun to heed the recommendation of the party’s panel which annulled the APC primary election in Ondo, Tinubu said Oyegun was no longer fit to lead the party.

In an interview with Tribune, Akeredolu said those asking the party’s chairman to step down could have other reasons for the demand.

“Why don’t you ask him (Tinubu) why he is calling for the resignation of Oyegun? This is not a question for me o,” he reportedly said in response to a question.

aketitinubu.JPG

On Atiku Abubaka's comment, he said: “I am not sure he (Atiku) said so because I am sure he would have gathered all relevant facts before passing comments. I don’t believe the former vice president would say such a thing because the facts are there for every Nigerian to see.”

“I don’t know why people are calling for the removal of Oyegun. I am sure that it is not because of the outcome of the primary. Maybe they have other reasons and just wanted to use the Ondo primary to cover up for other issues.

He added that his main focus at the moment was to win next month’s election.

Back