Politics Ondo Election: Jimoh Ibrahim's Lawyer, Izinyon Withdraws From Appeal Ruling

P

ProfRem

Dr Alex Izinyon (SAN), the counsel to Jimoh Ibrahim on Wednesday, withdrew himself from handling the case, citing ethical and integrity reasons.

Izinyon, in his letter to Ibrahim, a copy of which was made available to newsmen, said “with what happened yesterday in court with the matter associated with Mr Tayo Jegede’s motion, you’ll recall my person was indicted by the presiding justice as having foreknowledge of the petition written by self-acclaimed Chairman of PDP in Ondo State, Biyi Poroye despite by protest and innocence.”

He said “It is in this regard that I hereby withdraw from further appearance.”

For professional ethics and my integrity, I cannot continue on this as I was not told or given a copy of the said petition.

It would be recalled that the Appeal panel led by Justice Jumai Sankey, specially constituted to give accelerated hearings to the case had withdrawn from the case on Tuesday over what they described as direct attack and abuse on their persons by Poroye through his petition against the panel.

letterJ.jpg

letterJJ.jpg

Attachments

• jimohIb.jpg
    jimohIb.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 18
Back