Politics Ondo Election: Mimiko’s Allies Set to Declare Support for APC

P

ProfRem

The allies of Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko are already opening discussions with certain leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

This was even as the Court of Appeal will tomorrow sit on the appeal filed by Eyitayo Jegede whose name as the PDP standard bearer for the governorship election was removed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and substituted with Jimoh Ibrahim.

mimi.JPG

Among those expected to defect are former governorship aspirant and former director general of the National Sports Commission, Gbenga Elegbeleye; former member of the state House of Assembly, Thompson Otito Atikase and a former lawmaker, Afolabi Iwalewa.

Elegbeleye and Atikase confirmed the development to Daily Sun n a separate interview.

Atikase said he was not comfortable with the development in the PDP and accused the outgoing state governor of running the party aground.

‘’I am a practical politician, I don’t deceive myself. Mimiko has destroyed this party because of Jegede and there is no way we can win the election. So, there is no point staying back. I am going to declare officially for APC on Thursday,” he said.

Source: DailySun

Back