ONE DAY LAGOS GOVERNOR PAYS COURTESY VISIT TO DUFIL HEADQUARTERS

Vunderkind

Social Member
one day gov.JPG

The winner of the 2014 Indomie/Lagos State National Spelling Bee Competition, Master Edun Olabanji who emerged as this year’s one day Governor, on Monday, paid a courtesy call to the corporate headquarters of Dufil Prima Foods Plc, on June 30th the major sponsor of the annual spelling Bee competition.

Olabanji’s courtesy call, was intended to show appreciation to Dufil Prima Foods Plc for its
continued backing of the Spelling Bee competition over the years. The one day Governor was
accompanied by the state executives and other media partners who took turns, in commending
the company for its unrelenting support towards the initiative and the country’s educational sector as a whole.

The One Day Governor paid the courtesy visit in company of his cabinet members namely, One Day Deputy Governor, Miss Blessing Azeez; Speaker of the House of Assembly, Master Elija Marcauly; Commissioner for Education, Master Isa James; Commissioner for Economic Planning, Mr. Oyendu David and Secretary to the State Government, Master Ayorinde Ridwan.

In his welcome address, the Group Managing Director, Dufil Prima Foods Plc, Mr. Deepak Singhal welcomed the one day governor, while also commending the Lagos State Governor,
Babatunde Raji Fashola for his commitment to the laudable spelling bee competition which was
instigated by his predecessor.

“It is with great pleasure that we welcome the current One Day Governor to our office like we always do every year. Indomie as a brand is affiliated with children and their future, and that it why we will continue to give our unalloyed support to initiatives that are educational oriented particularly for the future leaders’’.

He continued by stating that education is a major tool for development which should start at an early stage in a child’s life irrespective of the gender, and such feats as exhibited by Master Olawale Edun continues to spur us on to further contribute to the growth of education across the country.

Also speaking at the event, the Public Relations/Events Manager, Dufil Prima Foods Plc, Mr. Tope Ashiwaju, who welcomed the one day governor and his entourage, expressed his delight at the courtesy call, stating that the company derives much joy from supporting initiatives that positively impact the growth and development of the country’s educational sector, such as the
Annual Spelling Bee Competition.

“I am delighted to welcome the one day Governor and winner of the 2014 Lagos State/Indomie Spelling Bee Competition to Dufil’s Corporate Headquarters, and to a large extent, we are proud to be associated with children who are the leaders of tomorrow and more importantly, children who continue to distinguish themselves in whatever areas they find themselves as shown by Master Edun Olabanji”

Master Edun Olabanji who thanked the management of Dufil Prima Foods for receiving him and his cabinet on such short notice, commended Dufil for its continuous support of the initiative and for making the grand finale of the competition a reality. He further shared ambition to rule the state in future.

“I am grateful to Dufil for support the initiative that led me to become the one day Governor of Lagos State. Education has become very critical in the life of an every individual and nation that we cannot afford to toy with it. If I am given the opportunity to rule the state in future, I will embark on programmes that would positively impact on the state’s educational sector”.

It should be noted that the Annual Spelling Bee Competition is a literacy programme which aims at providing students with the opportunity to develop healthy competitive skills as well as improving their self esteem, creating pride in academic achievement, and in the process, help to build a solid foundation for their future education and careers”.

Back