Sports Onigbinde confident Super Eagles will beat Sudan in Khartoum

Former Super Eagles coach Adegboye Onigbinde is confident that Nigeria will beat Sudan in the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers this weekend.

Nigeria will travel to Khartoum this weekend before hosting the return fixture next week,hoping to get all maximum points in the game to secure qualification.

The Super Eagles are currently third in the group with Congo and South Africa occupying the top two positions.

Onigbinde said it will be sad for him as a person if the 2013 Afcon champions failed to qualify for the tournament next year in Morocco.

"We're most likely to expect a result befitting our performance as well as preparations for the crucial game.

"I don't know the team quite well at the moment but I've always wish them well in their endeavours.

"So I sincerely hope and pray they come out top against Sudan in Khartoum as well as in Nigeria and go ahead to qualify for the Afcon final in Morocco.

"For several reasons I won't be happy if Nigeria didn't qualify for the 2015 Afcon as it would be a huge dent on my contributions as well as sacrifices for the development of the game.

"We had it a bit rosy against Sudan in 2001 because our game was more organised then than what it's at the moment.

"However, we still owe it to ourselves to be concerned and prayerful that Nigeria gets it right in the remaining four matches on the 2015 Afcon qualifying calendar," he told supersport.com.

Eagles.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back