Politics Oshiomhole Apologizes Over Comments Made to Widow

L

LequteMan

Nigeria- Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Friday when he was visited by leaders of the Federation of Muslim Women’s Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN) in Benin apologised for the comments he made to a widow during an inspection tour on Mission Road, in the state capital, a fortnight ago.

Oshiomhole said that he now regretted the comments which had become the subject of discourse in the social media, noting that he’d made the comments in anger.

The Governor urged the Muslim women leaders to use their offices to propagate the essence of healthy living among children and women in the nation and the need to maintain proper sanitary conditions in their neighbourhoods.

Oshiomhole lamented that the challenge of widowhood had also exposed children to different temptations, adding that there was the need for society to be careful, to avoid unwittingly creating more problems for the nation.

The Governor added that if Muslims and Christians were adequately committed to their religious doctrines, the world would be a better place.

oshiomhole.jpg

Nigeria- Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Friday when he was visited by leaders of the Federation of Muslim Women’s Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN) in Benin apologised for the comments he made to a widow during an inspection tour on Mission Road, in the state capital, a fortnight ago.

Oshiomhole said that he now regretted the comments which had become the subject of discourse in the social media, noting that he’d made the comments in anger.

The Governor urged the Muslim women leaders to use their offices to propagate the essence of healthy living among children and women in the nation and the need to maintain proper sanitary conditions in their neighbourhoods.

Oshiomhole lamented that the challenge of widowhood had also exposed children to different temptations, adding that there was the need for society to be careful, to avoid unwittingly creating more problems for the nation.

The Governor added that if Muslims and Christians were adequately committed to their religious doctrines, the world would be a better place.

View attachment 3546
Medicine after death. The power of social media

LOL. Most of the extra things he added after his apology was uncalled for.

I think the comrade governor's 'slip-up', 'out-of-anger' statement shows the depth of his soul that diplomatic dealings have hidden all these years. When the comrade governor asked for the death penalty on kidnappers a few months ago, a few eyebrows were raised, and with this incident, we may begin to see a vein of tyranny beneath his calm, patronizing exterior.

The comrade governor should realize that he holds the highest position in Edo State, and that, ironically, makes him the servant of the people. If you do something which can be construed as hurtful to one citizen, then you have failed to do your duty as expected.

I like the comrade governor. I have seen most of what he has done in the state. I think we should forgive him on the basis of an angry slip up, with our fingers crossed that he will not repeat it again.

LOL. Most of the extra things he added after his apology was uncalled for.

I think the comrade governor's 'slip-up', 'out-of-anger' statement shows the depth of his soul that diplomatic dealings have hidden all these years. When the comrade governor asked for the death penalty on kidnappers a few months ago, a few eyebrows were raised, and with this incident, we may begin to see a vein of tyranny beneath his calm, patronizing exterior.

@Vunderkind maybe the comrade governor just snapped due to the pressures of being Edo state's number one citizen, eh?

@Vunderkind maybe the comrade governor just snapped due to the pressures of being Edo state's number one citizen, eh?
It's possible, now that you say it. Being an idealist can be a pain, you know? He probably has been telling the people over and over again to clean that place up, and when he comes to evacuate, there's a widow beggin' him (when she should have complied with orders long ag0)- it probably irritated him that much.

When I get angry or irritated about something, I get to yell and insult whoever I deem worthy. As a governor he can't do that! He gets to give account of every word that drops from his aging lips.

I choose to have the freedom to express my anger, he choose to "serve the masses" and have access to billions of Naira to "work with". If he so envies my position, as much as it would hurt me to "serve the masses" and have access to millions, I'd do the exchange - I care that much for his person.

@Vunderkind is not far from the truth, Oshiomhole is an authoritarian. It is folly to believe he won't pull such stunt again.

When I get angry or irritated about something, I get to yell and insult whoever I deem worthy. As a governor he can't do that! He gets to give account of every word that drops from his aging lips.

I choose to have the freedom to express my anger, he choose to "serve the masses" and have access to billions of Naira to "work with". If he so envies my position, as much as it would hurt me to "serve the masses" and have access to millions, I'd do the exchange - I care that much for his person.

@Vunderkind is not far from the truth, Oshiomhole is an authoritarian. It is folly to believe he won't pull such stunt again.

Glad we are now having this talk. I saw the video last night, but nobody here was provoked, so I kept quiet.

Adams Oshiomhole is what we'd like to call a scapegoat. We can conveniently point at him because he's a public servant etc, etc. Personally I think he messed up big time. Big, huge, enormous time.

My beef is with people like Omojuwa who went online to start making a show of 'by this time tomorrow, we will find that woman and we will give her N1million and we will train her and make her life better!"

Making yourself look good at the expense of another person is the lowest form of low.

A slap to the wrist, Adams. Go ye and sin no more. None is perfect, so I cannot begrudge you that. I have probably looked at a beggar and said in my mind "why are these people still alive sef?" (I don't think I have, but I might). In the eyes of God, na d same sin we commit. Only difference is that them catch u for camera.

God bless you folks.

Loool. Everyone would want to milk it. PDP even rode on the waves of Oshiomhole's faux pas, transforming his slur of the moment into a PDP/APC moment when they donated to the woman.

Back