Metro Otedola Gave Me $100,000 Bribe For Farouk Lawan – Emenalo

A

abujagirl

Boniface Emenalo, Clerk to the then House of Representatives Ad hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy, on Monday revealed how he got $100,000 from billionaire businessman, Mr. Femi Otedola, for payment to the then Chairman of the committee, Farouk Lawan.

otedola.jpg

According to PUNCH, Emenalo made the disclosure while testifying before a Federal Capital Territory High Court. He said, “I came across Femi Otedola during this assignment on April 24, 2012. I received persistent calls from Mr. Otedola in the morning and reported to Lawan and he asked me to play along with him, that he was with him (Otedola) the previous night.

“When Otedola called again, he asked me to come over to his house. He gave me the description (of his house). When I got there, he also confirmed that he was with my chairman the previous night. He gave me two bundles of dollar bills in $100 denomination. Each bundle was $50,000 making it $100,000 that were not converted.

“When I got back to the office, I wrote a memo forwarding the money to my chairman that same April 24, 2012, which he took from me.”

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission is prosecuting Lawan for allegedly “corruptly” collecting $500,000 out of the $3m bribe he requested from Otedola in exchange for the removal of the name of the company of the businessman from the list of firms indicted by the House committee for allegedly abusing the fuel subsidy regime in 2012.

Back