Overview: The BMW 3 Series Touring Review

mrdigitech

BMW3er_Touring_07_preview Front 01.jpg

The BMW 3 Series Touring may not be exactly new to many of us, but it’s certainly one of the most rugged German wagons to grace our roads in recent times. Ever since its introduction in 70s, the BMW 3 Series have grown in leaps and bounds over the years, marshaling our roads with breathtaking aesthetics and performance, unrivaled, cutting edge technology and precision engineering garnered over the years. The BMW 3 Series Touring consolidates on the gains of its legendary predecessors, offering top class efficiency, a 1500 litre capacity, immense versatility and superior driving experience to its teeming clients.

Design & Styling

The BMW 3 Series Touring comes with an ultra modern, perfectly proportioned and irresistibly sporty appearance. The broad sporty presence, elegant lines and remodeled features, combine perfectly in flawless harmony to make the BMW 3 Series Touring the iconic brand that it is. Those with adventurous spirits will find the BMW 3 Series Touring a worthy machine capable of conquering the roughest terrains in style and elegance.
BMW3er_Touring_03_preview.jpg

The front of this car reveals the optional LED headlights, helping to give the BMW 3 Series Touring a beastly appearance. In addition, there are well-placed air inlets, intricately designed in perfect harmony with the remodeled front bumper in front of the apron. From the front, the remodeled front bumper stretches in perfect unison to the rear, combining effortlessly with the L-shaped LED lights and wider exhaust to give the BMW 3 Series Touring a one-of-a-kind sporty appearance.

Interior

BMW-3-Series-Interior-1 motovehicleny.com.jpg

The cabin space of most modern cars seem to be shrinking in recent times and that seem to be a cause for concern, especially when you take into consideration the large family size we often tend to maintain in this part of the world. The BMW 3 series comes with a compact interior space, ergonomically proportioned to ensure comfort and relaxation. The driver’s legroom measurement stands at 890mm, which ensures optimum comfort. Headroom stands at 970mm, which is the perfect standard for the modern day saloon cars.
BMW3er_Touring_14_preview interior 01.jpg

The driver oriented cockpit and dashboard is optimized for superior controls and situational awareness. The driver is well surrounded in Luxury, as the seat, trim and central console are exquisitely furnished using the best industry materials. Looking at the top of the dashboard reveals a Control Display, packing a wide resolution screen with navigational capabilities.

Technology

The BMW 3 Series Touring comes in almost 10 variants but the most popular of them all are the petrol versions – 320i and 328i, as well as the diesel variant – the 318d. The diesel variant, 318d, is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine producing 105KW/320Nm engine power. This engine propels the car from 0 to 100km/h in 9.2 seconds; however, it gulps 4.7Litres of diesel to attain such feat. On the other hand, the 320i and 328i fuel engine variants come with direct-injection four cylinder engines. The 320i engine produces 135KW/270NM of engine power, which propels the car from 0 to 100km in 7.5 seconds at the expense of 6.2L of fuel, while the 328i pushes engine power to 180KW/350Nm,further reducing acceleration time to 6.0 seconds at the expense of 6.5L of fuel.
BMW3er_Touring_17_preview Rear 01.jpg

The fuel consumption numbers may appear scary to many, however, the BMW 3 Series Touring boasts of “intelligent energy management systems,” which effectively handle other subsystems such as brake energy recovery, stop-start system and the Eco Pro mode.

Safety

Safety is definitely a vital component in everyday life, cutting across all spheres of human endeavor. The active electronic driver list include anti-lock brakes, cornering and dynamic brake control, long stability and traction control, as well as brake drying and electronic “limited-slip’’ for rear differential, which you can activate by employing the “DSC Off” functionality. In addition the aforementioned safety systems, the BMW 3 Series touring also comes with Active Protection safety package. This safety package prepares and places the various car safety systems on alert, if it detects imminent collision. Others safety features include Dual-front side mounted airbags, dual-side mounted airbags, front and rear seat ventilated disk brakes and much more.
BMW3er_Touring_06_preview Rear 02.jpg

Driving

When it comes to driving performance, the BMW 3 Series Touring holds its own in almost every aspect tested. The powerful 320i engine comes with an 8-Speed auto gear, which offers smooth and crisp transition when hitting the road. This car struggles a little bit at corners, but then it picks up when it hits a straight road in style. This car is agile, responsive and displays a fine balance that is synonymous with most BMW brands out there. Braking is nearly perfect in both dry and wet conditions. The brakes come with good stopping power, as it’s able to halt the car’s acceleration in less than 50m from 70mph, superb! I must say.

The BMW 3 Series Touring offers users style, convenience and safety, using state-of-the-technology with precision engineering. The average price of this car falls within N7million to N9million, depending options and specs you want. Nevertheless, the BMW 3 Series Touring still remains a fairly priced product, going by its excellent features and the price it commands. Without a doubt, this iconic brand will take you through the roughest terrain in style, comfort and elegance.

Photo Credit: coscharisgroup.com, motorvehicleny.com

Back