Metro Pastor Sunday Adelaja Under Fire for Allegedly Sleeping With 20 Female Church Members

L

LequteMan

Popular Nigerian Pastor, Sunday Adelaja, is currently under fire to resign after allegations emerged that he's having extramarital relationships with 20 different women in his congregation.

Adelaja is founder of one of Europe’s largest churches, the Embassy of the Blessed Kingdom of God for All Nations Church in Kiev, Ukraine.

The Russian Union of Christians Evangelical Faith, in a statement on its website said Adelaja had confessed to having committed adultery with his female parishioners at a meeting of pastors and board of elders of the church. He had however repented, the statement said.

Also, a letter was posted on the website of the Spiritual Council Russian Union of Christians Evangelical Faith (Pentecostals), written by one Apostle Toff Ulissis, a clergyman who was said to be providing spiritual care to the Nigerian pastor. Adelaja was urged to “seek psychiatric help in Kiev and the United States.”

Ulissis said, “Pastor Sunday mentioned that he had a relationship with 20 or 30 women; probably, the number was more than he could remember. Also, I talked with many women (married and unmarried), as well as with their husbands, and they shared with me their pain and described how the pastor manipulates people, who work for him. All the stories were equally horrific, disgusting and depressing. People are very sorry about the current situation with the pastor and wanted him to have psychiatric help.

“I made it clear that my aim is not to destroy either the Embassy of God, because many people have found help in the church or Pastor Sunday as a person. I wanted to make sure that everything has been done to these women and the couples have received care, reconciliation and redeeming restoration.”

In addition to this, Anatoly Belonozhko, a bishop in Adelaja’s church has resigned, saying the embattled pastor was not willing to seek help.

Adelaja has however denied all allegations levelled against him, saying it is an attempt by some people to take over the church from him.

“That is not true at all; I have read what people are saying about me. The funny thing is that nobody asked me for any information; no interview was granted to anyone,” he said according to Punch.

Attachments

• Pastor-Sunday-Adelaja.jpg
    Pastor-Sunday-Adelaja.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 24
Back