Politics Patience Jonathan Reacts: Police Raid on my House "Embarrassing"

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's former first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan has reacted to the invasion of her Abuja house by operatives of the Nigeria police.

Speaking in a statement via her lawyer, Charles Ogboli, she said the whole raid was an embarrassment.

"EFCC came last year and conducted a search in the absence of the occupant of the house. The NDLEA also searched the same bulding. This also happened last year between November or theereabouts. It is an embarrassment.

"I don't know what they are actually looking for. Why are they searching a premises in the absence of the occupant? It appears there is something they want to do there," the statement said.

The lawyer said he got information that about 20 to 28 security operatives were at the house and he decided to show up.

So, when I got there, I demanded to see the leader of the team and I was directed to an Assistant Commissioner of Police, who was in mufti and known as Williams. I asked him which of the command are you from and he said they were from IG's Special Unit. Somebody also in mufti intervened and said they are from the AGF, Attorney General's office.

"He told me that they came to search the house of a judge, but because of the attitude of the security man, they decided to now move into the house (Patience Jonathan's family building) and search the house.

"They forced the door open and searched everything. At the end, they asked the security man to sign that nothing incriminating was found. They took away three cheque books and a company iron seal. The company's seal does not belong to the former first lady because she is not staying there. The company is not known to the first lady."

Attachments

• Patience-Jonathan-360x225.jpg
    Patience-Jonathan-360x225.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 18
Back