Entertainment Patience Ozokwor - My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage When I Was 19

A

abujagirl

Nollywood Actress, Patience Ozokwor in an interview in Ghana said she was forced into marriage at 19.

Patience Ozokwor.jpg

The actress told Ghana television station, RTV, ''It was not my decision [to get married at 19]. And if it’s not my decision it means I was forced into it. I was forced into it many years ago, and I did not see any reason my parents were forcing me as I was still young.

''And even at that age I had so many suitors. You know when you come from a polygamous family and your mother is struggling for her own daughters to get married and this other one is also struggling for her own daughters to get married and when this one [suitor] came around and my mother said go and I could not make a choice. I was not allowed to make a choice. At the end, I had to obey my parents.
I was not brought up to disobey them at all.''

The Actress also revealed that she didn't enjoy the marriage. She however said she had to remain in it because she was afraid of disappointing her parents. She concluded by advising women to remain in their matrimonial homes no matter what, adding that the only reason a woman should separate from her husband is when life is involved.

Imagine that she has remained in her marriage since that young age, 19 years. No divorce in her options but nowadays, celebrities now change from one husband to another and back the former with personal selfish interests like Nigerian politicians jumping from one party to another with interests.

Back