Paul Scholes wants Rooney to remain at Manchester United

C

Chris Maduewesi

Former Manchester United midfielder,Paul Scholes has encouraged wantaway striker,Wayne Rooney,not to leave the club,with a cloud of speculation hanging over his future.
Rooney has been angling for a move out of Old Trafford,with Chelsea very keen on signing him,but United are adamant that they are not selling the 27-year old.
Scholes who retired for a second time last season,urged Rooney to turn down approaches from other clubs and see out his career at Manchester United,insisting that the club is the best for him.
“I don’t think there’s anywhere better than Manchester United to play your football,” Scholes told Sky Sports News.
“It’s up to Wayne – but he’s a top, top player and every player and fan wants him to stay.”
Scholes however noted that United still have a strong pool of players,despite not having a significant signing this summer.
“I don’t think there’s that much pressure,” the former midfielder continued. “He’s got a quality squad there, with already 18-20 quality players.”
“Even if Sir Alex Ferguson was there he would want to sign two or three players. That’s the norm every season – to improve the year after, even if you’ve won the league.”
“I’m sure David Moyes is trying to get players – and hopefully he’ll get the ones he wants.”

Continue reading...

Back