Politics PDM Salutes Abubakar, Others For Fragmenting PDP

L

LequteMan

pdp.jpg

A new party recently formed by associates of Atiku Abubakar, the People’s Democratic Movement has praised leading members of the PDP for challenging PDP’s authorities and walking out of the ruling party’s special convention Saturday and announcing a parallel faction.

The party’s National Chairman, Bashir Yusuf, said that “The Peoples Democratic Movement today salutes the bravery and statesmanship of the dissenting delegates of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, for staying calm in the face of utmost provocation and outright oppression during the just concluded PDP National Convention, held at Eagle Square Abuja,”

“We appreciate their bold, brave and patriotic stand of these delegates for refusing to participate in an election which they knew gave no even playing ground to all stakeholders.’’

Mr. Bashir added that PDM would continue to “stand shoulder to shoulder to shoulder with all true democrats who wish to make Nigeria great again through positive political change”.

Avenues of membership registration for the PDM will be available soon, He added.

I swear this plot is thickening by the minute. Like someone said - I forget who - it's like these guys want to skip past 2014 and plunge straight to 2015.

PDP would sort its issues, this drama doesn't move me. The PDP strives on controversy and waxes stronger with every challenge. This whole stuff sounds like publicity stunts and in Nigeria politics, all publicity is good.

I think this is the beginning of the end for PDP. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Back