Politics PDP, APC in war of words over Fashola’s performance - Vanguard

curator

Administrator
Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has deflated public adulations of the performance of Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, saying that mounting debts and class discriminations make the government a failure.

The Interim Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Lagos State in a sharp rebuttal dismissed the insinuations, saying that Obanikoro lacked the moral and intellectual capacity to speak.
Citing the past stints of the former senator as local government chairman and then commissioner, he said Obanikoro’s antecedents disqualified him from speaking.

Speaking in a media interaction in Lagos, weekend, Senator Obanikoro who was the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, gubernatorial candidate in the 2007 election flayed the Lagos administration for failing in the basic tenets of transparency in financial matters.

Click here to read more

Source: Vanguard Newspaper

fashola.jpg

LOL. Quoting Tinubu's 'abroad' trip for his knee injury as proof of the deplorable state of health in Lagos is just unacceptable. We know politicians won't use the same facilities the 'masses' use, no matter how 'modern' we try to make them, because, well, they are mini-gods.

Let's stop with the hypocrisy for a minute. Don't mention Tinubu's trip. Every political animal goes abroad to buy their vitamin C and blood tonic.

1. Musiliu Obanikoro is an intellectual Quasimodo. True. I've had the good (?) luck of listening to him during his campaign, and I knew without a doubt that I was staring at a man who had to make it through school - that is, until he dropped out, most likely - by the skin of his teeth.

Does that discredit what he says though? If we say yes, then we are effectively saying illiterates in Nigeria are oblivious and unworthy of contributing to the state of the economy. Hence, Igbokwe's statement - rather, his jab - at Obanikoro's IQ is unacceptable.

I say - for the effect of altruism - that when these accusations are made against Fashola, there should be sufficient evidence to convince me that the good work which I can see physically is underlined with background errors.

Until Obanikoro can provide said evidence, I will take this as a smear campaign, unworthy of my hypertension and speculation.

Back