Politics PDP: I'm Ready To Vacate Office, I Can't Be Chairman At All Costs – Modu Sheriff

P

ProfRem

The factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff, has said he is ready to vacate his office only if the party’s leadership ask him to leave.

Sheriff while speaking when some state chairmen of the party paid him a solidarity visit in Abuja yesterday, maintained that it was wrong for a faction of the party to attempt to push him aside when he was elected by the members of the party at its National Executive Committee meeting.

According to Sheriff, “I’m ready to go. I’m not saying I must be the national chairman at all costs. I was invited to lead the party and the election that brought me to office was done at the NEC Hall of the party at its national secretariat.

ali Sherif.jpg

“Four other aspirants contested against me at the NEC meeting.

“The governors invited me among others to be considered by the NEC and the NEC sat and elected me as the national chairman of the party.

“There’s nothing personal about my being there or individual pride about it. It is about the rule of law and the rule of law must not give way to illegalities., he said

Back