Politics PDP Lawmaker Defects to APGA

A

abujagirl

The PDP membership in the House of Representatives was reduced by one on Tuesday as Rep. Ikechukwu Ameke (Anambra) left the party for the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

The PDP member defected to APGA in Abuja.

According to Ameke, his transition to APGA is predicated on the request by his constituents against the backdrop of a subsisting litigation on his election into the house.

"I am still battling an unresolved election petition case in the court from the party PDP," Ameke's letter, read by the Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha, on the floor of the house stated.

The letter added that: "My constituents have resolved that I should leave the PDP for APGA for the same reason."

Another reason is his current challenge by Tony Nwoye, an ex-PDP Chairman of Anambra, who also sought to be governor of the state on the platform of the ruling party.

The PDP had also recently gained one more member from the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Rep. Atiku Shamaki (Niger) said that he decided to defect due to the merger of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), on which platform he was elected, to the PDP.

Meanwhile, the house adjourned its sittings for two weeks mto enable members to celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir and the Nigeria's independence anniversary.

#APC #PDP #APGA

pdp.jpg

Back