Politics PDP Refuses to Sell Forms to 2 Presidential Aspirants

A

abujagirl

The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP allegedly denied Dr. Abdul-Jhalil Tafawa-Balewa, son of Nigeria’s First Republic Prime Minister, the late Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa and Prof. Akasoba Duke-Abiola, one of the widows of the late Chief MKO Abiola, its presidential nomination and expression of interest forms despite their proof of payment.

Tafawa-Balewa and Duke-Abiola had on Tuesday gone to the PDP National secretariat to pick up their forms but were turned down.

According to PUNCH, Tafawa-Balewa stormed the party’s national secretariat with his supporters and bank tellers, with which he had hoped to purchase the presidential nomination and expression of interest forms. The bank tellers indicated that he deposited N22m into the account of the party with Zenith Bank.

Party officials present at the secretariat told Tafewa-Balewa that the forms were not ready.

Also, Duke-Abiola said she paid her N2m to the party’s bank account as female aspirants, like her, are expected to pay just N2m for the expression of interest form while the nomination form is free for them.

"I have the receipt from the party after paying my money. But they said they printed only one presidential nomination form, even though the guidelines do not say that.

"The NOS and the National Chairman said the party printed only one form. I asked that they should give the one they printed to me since I was there. They laughed and said whether I didn’t know who they printed it for. This is a fraud", she said.

The PDP is expected to stop the selling of forms to all the aspirants on this Thursday.

#PDP #Abiola #Tafawa-Balewa

pdp.jpg

Back