Politics Peacekeeping: Nigeria Police Force Best in the World, Says UN

L

LequteMan

Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, the former Under-Secretary General of the United Nations, has described officers of the Nigeria Police Force as the `best in the world’’ in peacekeeping operations.

Gambari, who is the Chairman, National Conference Committee on Foreign Policy and Diaspora Matters, said this on Tuesday in Abuja while presenting the report of the committee to the conference.

The chairman, who commended the police for its professional conduct abroad, expressed regret that certain conditions had hampered their effective performance at home.

``Incidentally, our people seem to be doing much better abroad than at home.

``I recalled that the Nigeria Police are the best in the world; I saw them in Angola, I saw them in Rwanda.

``Then what is happening? How come we are so wonderful abroad and so terrible at home? ‘’ he asked.

Gambari observed that skilled and experienced Nigerians in the Diaspora were making valuable contributions to the economies of their host countries.

He said that the expertise and entrepreneurship of Nigerians in the Diaspora could be deployed creatively for the development of the country if properly leveraged on.

download (90).jpg

Back