Metro PHOTO Of A Mid-Wife's Sanitary Pad That Everyone's Talking About

P

PressRoom

Not everyone can be like Petra Vinderg Linder, a swedish midwife whose menstrual pad is drenched in blood after a hectic shift at a Stockholm hospital. The photo has torn the internet.
Linder shared a photo of her stained-work clothes to demonstrate her job can be so busy she has no time to even change her sanitary pad.

upload_2017-7-21_7-3-5.png

"Night shift midwife = had three childbirths. You don't have time to pee or change sanitary products. Thanks and goodnight," she said.

Ms Linder initially just shared the photo with her friends but eventually succumbed to requests to make it public. Before long, the image was picked up by a number of Sweden’s leading publications and elsewhere in Scandinavia.

She said she shared the image to show people what a strenuous job being a midwife in Sweden is. She said in her hospital each midwife has an average of two deliveries to help with at any given time and the working conditions leaving people worn out.

I shared it with my private friends on Facebook, went home and went to sleep, then when I woke up I saw people had asked me to make it public. So I did, then it became a big thing, but that wasn’t the original idea," she told reporters.

"It's a very difficult field of work. I love my job, I chose it and I want to work in this field, but I wonder after a night like this how many years I'll manage. I'm 40, I'll work to 65 if I'm fit, but can you manage that? There are so many people in this country who want to work with childbirth, but don't because of the working conditions”.

Back