Sports Pinnick Commends Super Sand Eagles After Winning Copa Lagos Silver Medal

Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Pinnick has expressed confidence in the Super sand Eagles that won bronze at the just concluded Copa Lagos Beach Soccer tournament at the Eko Atlantic on Sunday.

The host country beat Lebanon in their last game 7-4 to emerge the 1st runner up of the tourney, after losing their first game to Ivory Coast 6-3 and beating England in the second game and pounced on their Lebanese counterpart on Sunday.

"I must confess I saw a team with a bright future as I understand the technical crew is building a fresh team. ' Pinnick said after the win over Lebanon. 'They played with zeal and commitment. I believe the team will get better with time and we will retain our status on the continent"

Pinnick, who was dressed in black top and short also commended the organisers of the event which has been on for five years now, saying the competition keeps growing from one level of strength to another.

"I can say for 5 years of its existence this tournament has always projected Nigeria for the whole world to see that it's possible to have a world class event done successfully every year in Nigeria. I sincerely commend the organizers for this."

Meanwhile, Ivory Coast won the tournament for the second time in a row after winning all three games in the three day event, while Barcelona beach soccer team clinched the club category, seconded by Shooting Stars Football Club of Ibadan.

The Copa Lagos concert kicked off there after at the same venue with performances from top Nigerian acts to thrill the fans after intense football experience from all across the globe at the Eko Atlantic.
IMG_20151220_180942.jpg

Back